Although summertime ended yesterday I want to keep the warm thoughts alive! I decided that I would make a summer time outfit out of an old tshirt. As you may already know, I am a sweaty girl. I spend time trying to find clever ways to reuse tshirts that I just can’t wear anymore. I thought I would share this idea I found in
So, here is my version of How to Reuse a Tshirt to Make a Toddler’s Summer Dress.
1. Turn your tshirt inside out. Remove the sleeves and neckline (cut about 2 inches extra from the neck line).
2. Find the center point of the bottom of the shirt. Measure 6.5 inches on either side of the center point and put a dot. Then measure 2 inches down from the neckline and mark the side of the shirt. Cut the excess fabric from the sides.
3. Make your tank sleeves 2 inches thick. Cut from the outside edge with a slight curve.
4. Sew the sides of your tshirt/dress together (correct side to correct side). Keep your dress inside out and sew the edges of your sides down to the dress.
5. Cut the tops from your tank top sleeves. Tie a cut knot.
6. Turn your new dress inside out and find a cute little girl to give it to.
Think warm thoughts!